Faculty and staff are invited to apply to study-away in New York City this summer (June 4 - 10, 2017)!
EXPLORE the New York loft as a study-away classroom for your students!
LEARN about integrating the topic of "Sustainable Communities" into your programs!
VISIT NYC landmarks and destinations*:
- 9/11 Memorial Museum
- Ellis Island
- United Nations
- Tenement Museum
- New York City Public Library
- and more!
*Locations subject to change.
How to Apply
- Applications are due by MARCH 1, 2017
- All Appalachian State University faculty and staff are urged to apply
- Notification of acceptance: March 15, 2017
The Fine Print
Funded by a QEP grant. Covered costs include:
- Travel to and from NYC
- Overnight lodging at the Appalachian State University Loft
- A copy of Neil Sobania's book Putting the Local in Global Education
- Participation in one before and one after seminars
- Selected readings from the Sobania book
- Deliverable focused on content-specific study-away integration
- Participation in online sharing during and after program
Questions? Please contact one of the sponsors for additional information: